Sunday, April 24, 2005

Dónde está el blogger

Wow! Have I really not written anything since Wednesday? The past week has been a whirlwind of activity (at least that is my excuse) and it has just slipped by me.

Can you believe that it is almost May? I have got three deadlines for the first week of May and I just do not see how I am going to make it.

I do not have anything real insightful to say, so I will just recap this week's activities for my own benefit.

On Monday, we had to let an employee go. This was the first firing Randall and I have had to do so we were both a little nervous about it (me more than him). I never really get nervous so this was a totally new emotion for me. As Randall is the elder, I deferred to age and wisdom and let him lead the conversation offering feedback along the way. Actually, it was a good thing he did most of the talking as I was a little bitter about the whole thing. This was (and still is) a great opportunity for the right person and we were fooled into believing in our now former co-worker. Live and learn.

Thurday (or was it Wednesday), Lori had her eyeballs reshaped, sliced and diced. Now we will all be able to admire her pretty face (sans glasses) every minute of every day. During the evening hours, Doug (good), Shannon and I partook in un-happy hour at Acapulco (a local Mexican eatery). While we were dining, Chi's boyfriend Daniel called and invted me to Myrtle Beach for 3 fun-filled days of golf, adult beverages and great food with him and 20 of his closest friends. Here's the bad part.. it's next week! This was a tough decision to make, but I cannot go. The previously mentioned deadlines have me up against a wall and jetting off across the country right now is out of the question. Daniel is a super nice guy and it would have been a great time.

Friday night, Jaclyn and I met Anthony and his girlfriend Sierra in Dana Point at Hennessey's Tavern. Beforehand, Jaclyn and I dined at Peking Dragon Chinese restaurant. It was delightful evening.

Showing everyone why he is indeed "good", Doug joined Randall and I at our office Saturday morning to help us do some fine tuning on our Windows Small Business Server. Let's all give it up for Doug! His valuable assistance saved us several hours of headaches and got us going in the right direction. Randall and I certainly look forward to no more off-site mail hosting.

Saturday night, Jaclyn and I joined Doug and Shannon for Los Angeles Orange County Angels of Anaheim (whatever they are called) baseball. For whatever reason, the owner of the Angels thought that changing the name to Los Angeles would bring more "prestige" to the team (I guess winning the World Series was not enough). In the meanwhile, the team still plays in Anaheim which is 35 miles from LA. Anyhow, the Angels won and we all had a good time. Afterwards we stopped at Skosh Monahans for a nightcap.

Jaclyn and spent a busy (albeit leisurely) morning exploring Balboa Island and ferrying over to Balboa Village on the peninsula. We then had a enjoyable lunch at Napa Valley Pizza and Pasta.

Whew.. quite the social calendar. It was nice to have some enjoyable leisure time between working hours.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our little Balboa daytrip was quite nice. I think we should do things like that more often.

Also, the game was quite fun too (thanks Shan!). What a nice weekend ... makes me think of this little girl scout diddy:

Make new friends
And keep the old
One is silver
And the other gold

Circle is round
It has no end
That's how long
I wanna be your friend


I am so quirky, aren't I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home