Monday, March 07, 2005

Hotel, motel.. make me wanna cry

Well, here I am in the "business center" at the world-famous Best Western Newport-Mesa Inn. Ok, maybe not world famous. However, they are affording me a place to spend two evenings while my condo gets it's ceiling scraped. Don't you just hate the "popcorn" ceilings? Well, I certainly do. As of today, the ugly, off-white stuff has been sucked and scraped off on it's journey to becoming a smooth, white, respectable ceiling. I stopped by my place tonight to check on the progress and I was so impressed. It's hard to believe that three guys got so much done in one day. What was even more amazing was the masking job they did. The entire place is one big plastic bubble. EVERYTHING is sealed. I felt like the bubble-boy walking through there. How many bubble-boys have there been? I remember the original bubble-boy.. John Travolta. Does anyone remember that movie? Classic.

I thought I might get a work-out in here at the hotel gym. Usually hotel gyms are much less than desriable, but slightly acceptable. The one here has sunk to new lows. Even Mr. Mandlebaum could not find a way to break a sweat in this thing. I'd never seen such old, yet strangely modern equipment. I didn't bother trying to use any of it.

Today was a horribly unproductive day at work. I don't want to go into details here, but I'm close to the edge (".. don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge, I'm about to lose my head"). I can understand handling a personal issue at the office from time to time, but on a consistent and disruptive basis is counter-productive to everyone else working in the "effecient, open-office environment". Ugh.

Over the weekend, I got to introduce two friends to one of the greatest movies ever made: Bubba Ho-Tep. If you have not seen it, I must insist you rent it. Or, you can come to my house and we'll enjoy a big bowl of popcorn and the adult-beverage of your choice. This film is good on so many levels. Two thumbs up. By the way, if you are curious as to what the greatest movie of all time is, I'll go ahead and let the secret out: Waiting for Guffman. You don't believe me? Rent it.

Over and out... 10-4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home