Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Cutting the Cord

I just saved $16.39 per month.

I just took another step into a wireless future.

Today I called SBC and gleefully disconnected my land telephone line.

After several months of nearly zero activity, it was time to let the old fellow go. My home telephone only rang under the following conditions:

1. Telemarketer calling
2. Pablo calling for Enrico
3. Tommy Coleman had once again confused my celluar and home telephone number

As I enter this brave, new world armed only with a cellular number, I cannot help but feel a bit eco-friendly. One less envelope will be dropped in the mail each month. One less bill will be thrown away and added to some landfill somewhere. Less data will be jamming the information superhighway as there will be one less online bill payment originating from my PC. Besides, my home looks neater without those relics of centuries past cluttering up the place.

To infinity and beyond!

4 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pan-ahhhh-sick? :-( (Panosonic)...it is all in the pronounciation.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me! Panasonic.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Darrell C said...

The first sentence sounded as if you switched to Geico Insurance.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did the same thing :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home